WinFsp is open source software available under the GPLv3 license with a special exception for Free/Libre and Open Source Software. Organizations that wish to use WinFsp without the restrictions imposed by the GPLv3, may alternatively purchase a commercial license.
The commercial WinFsp license is as follows:
- It allows unlimited linking and distribution of an organization’s closed-source software products with WinFsp.
- It allows development on multiple closed-source software products.
- It allows up to 10 of an organization’s developers to develop with WinFsp.
- It allows indefinite use of any version of WinFsp released within 3 years from the date in the Agreement. (E.g. if an organization signed on Jan 1, 2021, it can use any version of WinFsp released until Dec 31, 2023 FOREVER.)
- The license fee is 5000 USD. There are no additional royalties.
Alternative license terms for large organizations with more than 10 developers are also available.
Please contact Bill Zissimopoulos <billziss at navimatics.com> for more details.
The commercial WinFsp license provides terms for licensing the WinFsp source code and binaries and does not include any support. Public support is available at the following locations:
Guaranteed priority support under annual contract is also available. Please contact Bill Zissimopoulos <billziss at navimatics.com> for more details.